Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Impulse control

I am not a big shopper. At least not for clothes. I hate malls, department stores, boutiques. For the most part, if I can't buy it online, I feel like I must not really need it.

But I love love love drugstores. And places like Target and WalMart. Target in particular, but Hawaii doesn't have one (I'm counting down to next March when one opens about 2 miles from my house -- whee!!), so WalMart has to suffice.

Kathleen and I used to joke that we were incapable of going to Target without spending $100. It didn't matter if we were going in only intending to buy a new pen. Somehow, that pen turned into new underwear and an Isaac Mizrahi purse and some laundry detergent and ink for the printer and some cute shoes that we had to have.

This morning after dropping Zeke off at school, I went to WalMart to buy toilet paper. I left with toilet paper, plus a new wireless router, a new phone for the house, a USB storage drive, and a sponge for the kitchen sink.

At least the router is tax deductible.

1 comment:

  1. I heart Target very very very much. Glad you're getting one.

    ReplyDelete

Nu?