Friday, May 23, 2008

The "work in progress" part of relationships

Reading over my last post, I'm thinking to myself, "Jesus, I'm a grumpy bitch." Frankly, the comments I received were far more charitable than I deserved, at least based on the information that I've revealed. The truth is, it's not just me being tired and annoyed at a month's worth of in-laws. There is more going on under the surface that I haven't talked about, some involving MIL, some just involving stuff between Jason and me that's been festering for a little while. But last night, Jason and I had a good talk about some of the underlying issues that have been eating away at me, and I'm feeling much, much better. I'm still not going to Maui, and I'm still thrilled to have the weekend to myself. But I feel like a huge fog has lifted.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:16 PM

    We all have our moments, I guess. I'm glad you're getting a break. Sometimes, that's exactly what you need to feel like you can carry on carrying on.

    Marriage is so not easy. I guess it's like anything that's worth it - it takes work. I'm glad the fog has lifted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but has the VOG lifted?? Sometimes it takes things coming to a head, volcano or otherwise, to clear the air. Enjoy the time off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, good luck on handling the "moments" but i know it will be all okay.
    love
    e

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sounded like I feel when I'm at the end of my rope with something. It was clear you really needed some kind of relief. Glad it's cleared up.

    ReplyDelete

Nu?