Thursday, May 22, 2008

Respite

When it was announced to me that MIL and Pa were coming to visit for a month, I was assured that they would be taking side trips to other islands, meaning that I would have intermittent days in my house to myself and my family.

Then Jason announced to me that he wanted all of us to take the Superferry to Maui this weekend.

I said no. He said why. I said because I don't want to travel with the whole group. I've had enough. I'm tired, I don't feel like traveling, and I particularly don't feel like traveling with them. The whole point of them going to other islands was that I wouldn't have to see them for a few days. He said don't you want to see Maui. I said not particularly. He said why not. I said because I don't give a shit about seeing other Hawaiian islands -- if I could get off of this godforsaken hell-hole and never come back, it would be the happiest day of my life. He said do you mind if I go with them and take Zeke. I said not at all.

So I'm getting all of Saturday and Sunday to myself. Which I really need. I'm getting a massage, reading, going surfing, and sleeping. I can't wait til they leave.

3 comments:

  1. oh wendy, you do a break. seriously. it will be great. i don't know how you've done it for a month. no joke. i think i would poke my own eyes out if i had family guests for a month (well, maybe not my own family, especially if it was my sister...but you know what i mean...) also, i think you need a good long nap...love, e

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes. I'm glad they're all going off and leaving you to yourself for the weekend. You really really need a break. Big hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully, you've got something good on Tivo, like Magnum, and you can hang out and relax. I'm sorry that you are understandably feeling low. Try, if you can, not to create conflict with the man that you love over the family that you've bravely tolerated thus far.

    ReplyDelete

Nu?