Tuesday, October 06, 2015

But as I walked through the foggy streets alone, it turned out to be the luckiest day I've known

One of the things that kind of cracks me up about Colorado is that there is no gradual change of seasons.  It changes in a day, and that's it.  Last year, the weather was lovely and temperate and then one Monday in early November, all of a sudden it was 10 degrees out and it was winter.  Done and done.

Same this past weekend.  It's been warm and sunny and beautiful, and then on Friday Mother Nature decided it was fall, and so it was.  Chilly and windy and foggy.

I love fog.  There's something protective and ethereal and mysterious about it.  Wide open blue skies are beautiful, but they don't provide for any hiding places.  But in the fog, your little secrets feel safe.


A photo posted by Wendy Jacobs (@wendyalisonjacobs) on


1 comment:

  1. So true ...I remember the first fall we were here. I was a at park with Cameron for his bike practice. It was sunny, hot and I was wearing shorts. Then the wind picked up, a big banks of clouds blew over and. and hour later,
    it was 40 degrees and fall. Just like that.

    ReplyDelete

Nu?