Thursday, February 20, 2014

An additional bonus: apparently I don't look like total crap anymore!

I was nervous about writing yesterday's post, but I'm so glad I did.  I've always felt like I had amazing friends, but really, y'all are so wonderful.  I've received such an out-pouring of messages, offers to talk, reassurances from people who have been through a similar situation.  I tend to be very solitary and focused in my approach to problem-solving, but it is so helpful to hear from others who have been in the same boat, or from friends who just want to let me know that they love me.

Plus the emotional weight that was lifted over the past week, and particularly yesterday, had some physical manifestations as well.  A couple of people at work have told me how much "better" I've been looking yesterday and today.  "No really, you look SO much better," one kept telling me.  "You look good again."

Which... thanks?

But, kidding aside, I get it.  I don't think I even realize how weighted down I've been, emotionally, and I don't doubt that it showed in my face and my posture and everything else.

And as one well-wisher noted, better to start fresh while I still have my looks, right?  Or at least some semblance of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nu?