Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday frippery

Snow day! -- Tomorrow Zeke and I are off to ski, just the two of us.  J's got a bad back and can't snowboard without great discomfort, so there's no reason for him and Josie to schlep up to the mountains just to sit in the lodge.  So far, Zeke has only skied in ski school, so I'm a little nervous about taking him out by myself.  But we're going to play on the magic carpet (which he's used to), work on making wedges and controlling speed and maybe some mild turns, and if he's up to it, we'll get on the chair lift to try a bunny run.  I won't be able to do any serious skiing of my own, but last Saturday I got a lot of time on some super-steep black runs at Copper, so that will have to last me for a little while longer.

Hi, Mom! -- My mom has been out of the country on business, in Cambodia and Vietnam.  I'm used to talking to her every day, so it's always weird when she's away.  But when I check my statcounter, I see hits from Phnom Pehn and Ho Chi Minh City, so I know she's checking in on me.  Which makes me feel better.  Travel safe, Mama!  I miss you. 

Something's gotta give -- J and I were talking the other day about how we're constantly trying to stay on top of chores -- laundry, keeping the house clean, grocery shopping -- but constantly feel like we're falling behind because we just don't have enough free time to take care of everything.  We have a cleaning service that comes every 2 weeks, meaning that every 2 weeks, the house is clean until the kids have been home for an hour, at which point it's trashed again.  My office just instituted this flex time policy where people permitted to participate would do 9 days on and 1 day off, i.e., work 9 hours a day for 9 days, and then have every second Friday off.  I think I'm going to put in a request to go on that schedule, because Jesus, I could use the occasional day without the kids in tow.  Especially during ski season. 

Happy weekend, all!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Wendy: I'll be home Sunday evening and will give you a call or even from Atlanta where I change planes.

    Have fun skiing!

    ReplyDelete

Nu?