Wednesday, July 21, 2010

What a difference a day makes

Apropos of nothing, I typed the title of this post and immediately started humming What a day for a daydream...  You know.  That old Lovin' Spoonful song.  Which a) makes me seriously old (though I wasn't alive when that song came out, but the fact that I know it at all is kind of sad), and b) is annoying, because the song is annoying.

But I'm feeling bouncy because things since yesterday have improved dramatically.  J managed to score a secret deal with his boss that he wouldn't have to go to Alamosa and can stay in Vail for the time being, at least for another month or two.  In which time maybe something will have opened up in Denver, or he might have found a job with another company altogether.

So technically, the dramatic improvement is that the status quo can be maintained.  But I'll take it.

And tonight we're going to look at the house that I totally want, and if I like it, I may make an offer on the spot.  We'll be living in remodelling hell for a while, but I don't even care.  I want this house.  I'm all tingly thinking about it.  And yes, I checked, I'm not sitting on my phone.

Also, I won a case today. 

Have I mentioned how much I fucking love winning?  As the wise Nuke LaLoosh said, "It's like, y'know, better'n losing??"

So all in all, today is better than yesterday, and tomorrow may be better still.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That's excellent, Wendy! I'm glad to hear today is so much better. And wow so exciting on the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan O .6:10 PM

    Awesome... Amazing what a day can do to change everything! Good luck with the house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! And I just saw on Facebook that you did in fact make an offer. Good luck! When a house makes you tingle - what else can you do?

    ReplyDelete

Nu?