Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Moving Hell

We're in the middle of it right now. Boxes everywhere. Clothes everywhere. Little bits of paper and debris everywhere. The house is in shambles. And we're out of here in two days.

In the meantime, Joey is kicking my ass in ways that Zeke never did. I had some very mild nausea at this point in the first trimester with Zeke, but these days I'm like an involuntary bulemic. I'll be hungry, so I'll eat something that seems appetizing, and I'll be all, "yay! it's staying down!" And then half an hour later I'll be on my knees, hugging the toilet. Or I'll be hungry, and absolutely nothing appeals to me -- all I feel is queasy. Or I'll pass a Chinese restaurant and all of a sudden I'll think to myself, "if I don't have some beef with broccoli, I'm going to die." So, essentially, I'm either puking, scarfing, or sneering at the refrigerator with narrowed eyes, as if to say, "Et tu?"

The movers are coming tomorrow, and then we clean and finish up and fly out on Friday. So I probably won't post anything until we're in Denver. It feels very strange to think that as of Saturday, my life with be very, very different.

10 comments:

  1. and much colder as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not worried about the cold. And the truth is, even in winter, Denver's climate is relatively mild -- it's been in the 50s and 60s, even as it's been dumping snow in the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:58 PM

    I was that way w/ Nausea when I was pregnant w/ Ryan... I would go to 3 or 4 different places to get lunch and ended up with nothing because nothing appealed to me... Lasted from 7-12 weeks and then I woke up and it was gone. It was a great day! Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, I am definitely looking forward to that day. Can't come soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, man. The moving-puking hell combo is just unfair. I do hope you feel tremendously better quickly. And yay, you're in Denver so so sooon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with everything! Can't wait to hear of your Denver adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:14 PM

    Safe travels! Certainly hope the puking ends soon. At least the packing is over! I'm so excited for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know, they say yakking means a girl...but of course that is general BS....

    Oh Wendy! I am so excited for you. Everything just worked out (just in time, to be sure, but worked out nonetheless) and now you're on to the next chapter...

    You know, I think we are always about a year-ish months behind you guys...so maybe we'll see you soooooooooooooooon!

    I'm so happy and excited for you peoples!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous1:11 PM

    Make sure you have a couple of paper bags wwith you on the plane.

    Be safe!

    Sherice

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope all goes well! Soon, that queasy stuff will be gone. But not soon enough, I know.

    Be well.

    ReplyDelete

Nu?