Friday, December 19, 2008

We can't seem to get off the topic

Last night we were lying in bed watching The Incredible Hulk (the good one with Edward Norton, not the shitty one with Eric Bana that Ang Lee directed) on DVD. It wasn't my first choice, but Jason is a really good sport when some obscure documentary arrives that I put on the Netflix list 6 months ago and then promptly forgot about. I didn't really get the ending, but it wasn't bad. It's got an impressive cast, in any event.

So at one point in the movie, the Hulk turns back into Edward Norton in this dramatic scene in which you see him lying on his side, naked. The POV* is from the ceiling, so you're looking down at him. And he looks all vulnerable and the lighting has a chiaroscuro effect and it's all very artistic and dramatic.

I turn to Jason and ask, "How come in movies or artsy pictures, when you see a guy naked from the side, you never see his balls hanging down?"

"You forget who you live with, baby. Not everyone is like me or Zeke."

"Oh. Yeah, I guess not."


_____
*POV = "point of view." I speak movie.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:33 PM

    To quote a great Aussie:

    "He's all stones!"

    Love that!

    Sherice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:44 PM

    Bwahahahaha! I love men.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:54 AM

    Note to self: If casually mentioning blog, do so after job offer has been extended.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherice - he's a funny guy.

    DCup - me too. I love them in all of their ballsy glory.

    Sam - duly noted. I don't plan on getting Dooced.

    ReplyDelete

Nu?