Thursday, September 20, 2007

My baby brother is kewl

My youngest brother, Sam, is one of my favorite people in the world. I've thought so ever since he was a little kid -- he was always smart and funny and looking at the world in a new and unexpected way. He has the left brain of a money guy but the soul of an artist, and I respect him enormously for it, and for his willingness to make an effort to create art, be it music or photography or whatever catches his fancy. He has a band called Lipstik, and they play gigs and write and record songs and get stuff on iTunes and put themselves out there. They may make it big, they may not, but props to them for giving it all they've got. Here's their new video for "Honey Eyes." According to the band, it's "a meditation on the songwriting process and on the dual lives we all tend to lead."

2 comments:

  1. I'm Sam Jacobs' biggest fan! Can you get me his autograph!? You're so lucky he is your brother...He is so HOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only can I get his autograph, but I can get baby pictures of him. Sans diaper.

    ReplyDelete

Nu?