Friday, March 30, 2007

Progress

I was finally able to pick up my car. On Wednesday, the day I couldn't get an appointment because it wasn't available. But she arrived, and it was very nice to drive my own pretty shiny vehicle. Which will now become a sandpit from our daily trips to the beach, but I guess that's why God invented vacuum cleaners. We've received the shelves and bedside tables that we ordered from Target.com and Ebay, respectively. We're getting HD cable (with a DVR) and high-speed internet and and a landline telephone today. We can finally do justice to our big white trash TV. Baby steps.
Speaking of, on a personal level, things appear to be good on the pregnancy front. I've had good ultrasounds 2 weeks in a row, and am 3 weeks from being out of the 1st trimester. My belly is starting to expand, thought to the uninitiated viewer, I look chubby rather than pregnant. My boobs, which have never been for the faint of heart, are seriously taking on a life of their own. Oy. (And thus endeth the pregnancy updates -- I refuse to be one of those women who acts like she's the first person to procreate and can't stop blathering about every aspect of her pregnancy, even though nobody else gives a shit).
Yesterday the ice cream man came -- much to my delight, I learned he comes every week -- so we had a chance to meet some of the neighbors. There's Alma, the tiny little Japanese lady who is totally into her garden, to the point that she goes around with chopsticks some mornings picking up slugs. She's sweet as can be and gave us a plant for our yard. Alma introduced us to Heather and her son, Cody, who live around the corner, and to Leila, who lives the next street over. Everyone is super-nice and welcoming.
I'm getting adjusted to working at home. I miss the structure and the social interaction of going to an office, but I get alot of work done at home, and I can work on my own schedule (start early and finish early), so it's not bad.
And did I mention that we're getting cable today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nu?