Wednesday, January 24, 2007

We have a place in Hawaii

Jesus.  I can't believe how quickly this is all happening.  I was freaking out about finding a place to live, and lamenting that we'd be renting a dump for a year or so while we figure out if/where we want to buy.  Then yesterday I stumbled on a craigslist posting for a 3 bedroom, 3 bath townhouse on the Leeward side with a $99 move-in special that covers the first month's rent, security deposit, and application fee.  Insane, especially for Hawaii.  So I submitted an application and the lady from the rental place called me and told me that we could have it, but the move-in special ends today.  If we take it, we save about $4000 in rent, deposit and fees.  Plus there's the peace of mind of having a place to move to.  An address I can use for my mail, magazine subscriptions, etc.  And of course, having some concrete idea of where we'll be.
 
So we took it.  We'll be living here:  http://www.kalaeloaliving.com/makai.htm (click on the layout for the 3br/1.5.5 ba townhouse).  It's a quarter of a mile from the beach and has plenty of room for visitors, so start saving your frequent flyer miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nu?