Wednesday, January 17, 2007

How we spend our time together

Last night we were trying to set up an online account for Jason's bank account in Australia, so that he could check his balance and transfer money. One of the security features on the account is personalized questions, but you get to make up the question (instead of being stuck with the standard, "what's your mother's maiden name" or "what's the name of your favorite pet.")

I was doing the typing, so I asked him, "what do you want your question to be?"

He thought about it for a minute and said, "'How many hairs do I have on my butt?'"

"Heeeee! Seriously? That's what you want the question to be?"

"Yes."

So I typed it in.

"OK, so what's the answer?"

"What?"

"How many hair do you have on your butt?"

"6."

"Awesome."

We finished setting up the account. Then we were trying to figure out how to do a wire transfer, so we called the bank in Australia. Jason explained to the young woman that answered what he was trying to do. And of course, she had to confirm his identity.

"Ah, sir. Ah. I have to ask you some security questions. Er."

"Yes, go ahead."

"Er, well. Sometimes we don't read the questions aloud to avoid embarassing the customers..."

"No, that's alright. Read the question."

"How many hairs do you have on your butt?"

All three of us (Jason, the teller, and me) busted up with laughter. I would try to stop, and then my shoulders would start to shake and my eyes would squinch up and I'd start guffawing all over again.

This is how we spend our time together. Making butt jokes and fart jokes and imitating each others' accents (he thinks my Aussie accent sounds too posh), and laughing. It's kind of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nu?