Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Midweek musings

A bit of housekeeping: My friend Lisa gave me the idea to set up a Facebook page for the blog.  So click here to "like" the page and get posts in your news feed (and while you're at it, "like" Lisa's page, too).  Or click on the link in the sidebar to the right.  Or just keep reading and go about your day.  Whatever makes you happy.

Mini-Vacay!  I know I just said how much I love going to work.  And honestly, I really do.  I love the job, I love the people I work with.  When I sit down at my desk, I'm happy.

But the benefits don't suck either, including the time off I get when I need it.  And my mom and Emma are coming tomorrow to visit for the weekend.  So I need it.  Excited for mani-pedis, lunch, maybe a hike out at Red Rocks, and some much needed time with my mommy.


Another day, another reunion:  I've got yet another reunion coming up in June.  This time it'll be my 20th college reunion.  Which means yet another exercise/weight-loss ramp up.  A P90X/Insanity hybrid, plus Weight Watchers.  Ugh.  Josie, I love you to pieces, but you single-handedly managed to exponentially increase my body's desire to retain fat deposits around my midsection.  Aging sucks.

Boys will be boys:  Finally, Zeke's obsession with the swimsuit issue continues unabated.  He's sitting next to me on the couch leafing through the magazine.  "What's she doing, Mama?"  "Uh, she's lying in the sand getting her picture take."  "What's that, Mama?"  "That's water.  The lady is lying down in some water."  I honestly didn't think I'd have to deal with this for years and years.

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Wendy! I wonder if I should've gone with a link rather than the Like button?

    As for the midsection - I never, ever had weight there until the kid. Sucko.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was actually thinking of switching to the buttom b/c I like it more than the link. But honestly, not sure it makes a difference.

    As for the belly fat, it drives me insane. I always prided myself on having a trim torso -- it was the thighs that were the problem area. Now my thighs are fine, but I've got this spare tire around my middle. Grrr.

    ReplyDelete

Nu?