Friday, March 26, 2010

"Mail plow"

I'm heavy on the "look at how cute my kids are" posts this week, because the other stuff occupying my mind isn't so happy.  Emma remains under sedation, as the doctors have determined that she isn't ready to be awakened yet.  They want to monitor her brain pressure and give her more time to rest.  Which I understand, but the waiting is agonizing.  This level of sustained anxiety is exhausting and draining, and I'm sure that whatever I'm feeling -- which sucks -- you can multiply that by a million and you won't be close to what my brother and sister-in-law are going through.  Once again, I want to thank everyone who has contacted me to offer their love and support, but in particular, those who have left messages for Josh and Lori on Emma's CarePage.  It really helps.  You've all been tremendous, and I feel so blessed to have such wonderful people in my life.

In other news, my children continue to be the light of my life, particularly Zeke's sweetness towards his sister.  He is so nice to her, it just makes my heart feel like it's going to burst out of my chest.  For your Friday viewing pleasure, here's a little clip of him reading to her from his beloved truck book.  He climbed into her little floor gym to lie down next to her and show her the pictures.  I just about plotzed from the cuteness.




You can hear me croaking (I've got severe laryngitis) in the background.  Zeke is pointing to a page that has a mail truck and a snow plow on it, and gets confused and combines the two, calling the snow plow a "mail plow."  Josie finally decides that the book is more interesting to chew on than to read.


Have a great weekend, everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Gosh, Wendy, you sound terrible.

    That is awfully cute.

    Hang in there. She will be OK. The waiting is brutal, as I said before. I know it's just eating you up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lisa. I sound much worse than I feel -- my throat doesn't hurt, it just doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, you just made me miss when my kids were little. That's some video!

    I'm keeping a good thought for your family. I know it's all you can do to just carry on. I hope things will be more certain soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Lisa, I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet Wendy. They are just yummy!! You do sound awful though! I am glad you don't feel as bad as you sound. I hope you get better quickly. I also am hoping and praying that they are able to wake Emma soon as I am sure everyone just misses her so much. The strength that Josh and Lori and your family is showing is amazing. So many people are praying! I know I am constantly checking the care page updates and I can see that hundreds of others are doing the same as me. Hugs! Lori

    ReplyDelete

Nu?