Monday, October 06, 2008

Zeke wears us down to the point that all standards -- of both decorum and parenting -- are cast aside: a photo essay

"I'm walking now. Isn't that cool? I'm still a little unsteady on my feet, but I'm getting there. Mommy and Daddy chase me around constantly. They seem a little tired lately. I wonder why? They also usually don't let me run around in just a diaper. I've heard the phrase 'white trash baby' thrown around, but I don't know what it means."

"I've discovered the trash can. I like banging on it and pushing it around the room. Mommy and Daddy seem to discourage this, but today is Sunday, so they're lying around watching football and couldn't be bothered to stop me. Score!"

"I also like opening and closing things with lids, particularly when there's a chance of getting my fingers caught. Mommy tries to explain to me that I'm going to hurt myself, but I'm a risk-taker. I like to live on the edge."

"I tend to do more exploring when only one parent is home. Mommy went to the store to get me some more swimming diapers, and I managed to crawl into the dishwasher when Daddy had his back turned for 3 seconds. Dude needs to pick up the pace if he's going to keep up with me, yo."

"Bwahahaha! I rule the world!! I get to do whatever I want!"

"OK, not really. But I'm still a white trash baby, whatever that means."

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:47 PM

    That kid is insanely cute!

    Sherice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:30 AM

    I can't wait to grab him. Only4 more days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:27 AM

    He really is insanely adorable! Go Benign Neglect! He's seems to be thriving on it!

    ReplyDelete

Nu?