Monday, May 05, 2008

Questions, questions

Jason has this habit of asking really random questions about things that wouldn't even occur to me to think about.

"If we take a roadtrip out west in a couple of years with our friends, what kind of RV do you think should we rent?"

"If we were to get a new car someday, would you get surf racks installed or would you use the soft removable kind?"

"What do you think we should make for dinner when so-and-so comes to visit next year?"

My brain is cluttered enough as it is, so these questions are generally met with the Survivorman face and a "what? I don't know. I'll worry about it when it happens."

But I've discovered that he comes by it honestly.

Last night at dinner, I was talking about how my niece was accepted into an advanced academic program this summer at Johns Hopkins University, and how my parents are really excited because she is going to stay with them for those three weeks, since the program is in Baltimore.

A few minutes after that conversation, Jason's mom asked, "you said that Baltimore is about an hour away from your parents' house. How is she going to get there every day?"

"I think there's a bus from DC that she can take, and one of my parents will take her to the bus every morning."

"How long is her day going to be?"

"Uh, I'm not sure. Probably 6 or 8 hours or something like that."

"Well, what's she going to do for morning tea and lunch?"

"Ummm. I have no idea. I'm sure she'll be taken care of."

The whole time I was thinking, "What?? I don't know." But I was careful to keep the Survivorman face at bay.

1 comment:

  1. Ahaha! My brother is like this: neverending questions. My mom says he has been since childhood. But, none of the rest of us have this quirk. Hmm..

    ReplyDelete

Nu?