Friday, May 16, 2008

Exactly who am I trying to impress?

Not that I am in the habit of feeding my husband Chef Boyardee Franks n' Beans, but while MIL and Pa are here, I have gone out of my way to prepare gourmet meals. The goodies that I pull out of the bag every week and a half or so have been showing up on the table in rapid-fire succession. Jason is loving it.

If I were to examine my psyche, I guess the motivations are obvious. I'm trying to show her that her son married a domestic goddess and that I take good care of him (better care of him than she did, perhaps?). I don't know why I care what she thinks, but I do.

Last night, I realized that I don't need to work so hard.

Tonight MIL and Pa are going to babysit (wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles) while Jason and I go out on a dinner date. MIL announced last night that for their dinner tonight, she's making Pa -- wait for it -- franks and beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nu?