Thursday, April 24, 2008

Reason 473 that I love my husband...

I'm sitting in my office, moping. Jason walks in.

"Come on, let's go for a surf."

"Meeaaaah. I'm tired."

"Come oooooon. You said you'd come with me this morning. And you finished those briefs that were due, so I know you can spare an hour."

"Eeeehhhh. I don't feel like it."

"Come on, baby. You know it'll make you feel better to get out into the water."

"Hmmph. Oooooh, aaalll riiiiiight." *heavy sigh*

I put on my rash guard and board shorts. Jason has already loaded up the van and made me a cup of coffee in my travel mug.

"I'm tiiiiiired."

"Come on, sweetie, get in the van. I've already got towels and everything."

We get to the beach 10 minutes later. The waves are perfect. No wind, no rip current, just clean sets of 2-3 foot waves that are breaking beautifully. We start paddling out. The water is a little chilly but incredibly refreshing.

We spend the next hour catching perfect waves. We would even paddle onto the same wave and ride it holding hands, facing each other (he rides "regular," with his left foot forward, and I ride "goofy," with my right foot forward, so we face in opposite directions when we surf). I'm sure the people on the beach were vomiting with the sicky sweetness of it. I even saw a huge sea turtle poke it's head up about 10 feet from my board while I was sitting waiting for a set to come in. It was a glorious morning of surfing.

And I feel a million times better than I did 2 hours ago. Thanks, honey.


(February 2004 - Costa Rica - early in our "courtship")

2 comments:

  1. i need to start going again, waiting for the water to warm up just a little more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweeeeeeeet.

    That really makes me happy.

    BTW, we just saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall and it made me think of you. I haven't had time to read any blogs or blog myself the last week or so, which is why I'm up at 1 a.m. on Friday night reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Nu?