Friday, April 11, 2008

Indulge me, once again

This time I'm the proud older sister. My brother, Sam, who writes and performs under the name Lipstik, has a new EP coming out called There Is Only One Thing. It includes a cover of Tom Petty's "Yer So Bad" with the lyrics changed in tribute to me ("my sister got lucky, married an Aussie..."). It's been very well-reviewed by respected music bloggers (click here for a review in Allan's World Music and here for a review in Cover Lay Down, downloads available on both sites). As I've said before, my baby brother is kewl.

4 comments:

  1. very kewl indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!

    I've only heard Honey Eyes so far, but I'm totally digging it.

    I can't wait 'til Scott gets an album finished out there. It's such a long process when you have a day job. : )

    Thanks for sharing this! Your baby bro is kewl indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:26 AM

    Sam's cover of "Yer So Bad" is akin to Johnny Cash's cover of "Hurt" by Nine Inch Nails. The cover blows away the original, which was pretty damn good to begin with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jules, you're the sweetest. I forwarded your comment to Sam -- I'm sure he'll get a kick out of it. Now, when are you coming to visit??

    ReplyDelete

Nu?