Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Good news and bad news

The bad news is that Jason is getting laid off at the end of the week. The good news is that his company is making it a temporary layoff, meaning they will still be employing him and will call him back to work as soon as another part of the job he's working on gets going, probably in about two weeks. And in the meantime, he'll continue to be paid, so it's not so bad.

I guess this is the down-side of falling in love with a blue collar guy. I'll never be a kept woman, that's for sure.

But on the other hand... ladies, remember that Diet Coke commercial in which the women in the office took their daily break to watch the hunky construction worker take his shirt off while he drank a Diet Coke? I'm married to that guy.* And he's awesome.



*I'm not literally married to Lucky Vanous, the actor from that commercial, but you get my point.

4 comments:

  1. AND you live in Hawaii? Seriously. Can't you spread some of the wealth over this way? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do you know that name of that dude? Fucking google...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, blow me. When the ad came out, he got famous for 15 minutes and it's kind of a distinctive name, so I remembered it. Besides, you act like there's something wrong with my being an insufferable know-it-all...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh - stressful for both you and Jason. But good that he's still being paid. And I know for a fact that you wouldn't be a kept woman in a million years ANYWAY. You are way too strong and opinionated to let some guy run the show just because he had the cash. That would just be horrendous. And, as moosie said, you get Jason and you live in Hawaii! Yay Wendy!

    ReplyDelete

Nu?