Wednesday, March 12, 2008

It's a good thing I like puppies

Yesterday we downloaded Skype so that we can talk to our international friends and relatives cheaply and easily. After picking Zeke up at school, we stopped at Walmart to get a headset. We also decided to go whole hog and get a webcam so we could do video chats. It's so 21st century -- I fucking love technology.

Later that night, Jason came into my office while I was installing the various software programs. I could tell that his first thought on seeing the accoutrements was "oooh! toys!!"

First he put on the headset and started pretending he was Mission Control for the space shuttle, then a soldier in battle directing his troops, then a football coach calling plays. He even used a pair of Zeke's socks to throw a challenge flag for an imaginary bad call he didn't like. Once the webcam was up and running and there was a picture of us on the computer screen, he started doing the "descending an escalator" trick, then making funny faces at the camera, then moving back and forth behind me as if he were walking through a crowd of people.

Sometimes I feel like I'm married to a puppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nu?