Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Family tradition

We're at the point in my pregnancy where we're thinking about names. We've actually had first names for a boy or girl picked out for a long time, so there hasn't really been any debate about that. But we wanted a cool middle name, too. My dad is a great student of military history, and my brother Josh's middle name is Wingate, after Orde Wingate, a British major general who was instrumental in the creation of the State of Israel. So Jason and I were thinking about choosing a middle name for Zeke that reflected both Jason's Australian heritage and my Jewish ancestry. So I asked my dad. And it turns out, John Monash was a great Australian war hero during World War I, fought at Gallipoli and all that, was a tremendous civil engineer, and he was Jewish. There's even a univeristy named after him. So we can name our boy Ezekiel Monash. Fucking awesome.
It's all starting to feel more real, this whole baby thing. Next week I've got an appointment to tour a daycare/preschool center. I'm on waiting lists for others. I've already received samples of formula and baby gifts from friends. Holy crap, I'm going to be a mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nu?