Thursday, April 26, 2007

San Diego

I just got back last night from spending 4 days in San Diego at a special education law conference. The conference was fine and somewhat informative, but mostly I went to hang out with Kathleen and see Charlie (my boss). I bunked up with Kathleen in her room and we attended lectures (and whispered to each other about what stupid advice the lecturers were giving), sat out by the pool, read books, went for walks, visited with clients, watched awesomely bad TV while eating yummy Thai takeout, and had a great time catching up. San Diego is pretty but it was chilly and breezy -- a high of only 70 during the day, which felt cold to my already thinned blood.

The only downer to the trip was that I had a horrible time sleeping. The beds in the hotel were too soft and too warm, plus every night trains ran through downtown at 3 in the morning and woke me up. So now I'm home and I'm completely exhausted, plus feeling a bit lonely being away from the mainland.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nu?