Friday, March 23, 2007

We've got a sit-down with the Jews

We got here just in time for Passover, which is my favorite Jewish holiday.  I love the ritual of it, the food, everything.  So the prospect of having having no one to have a seder with was really depressing me.  But it turns out the local synagogue (whose web address is www.shaloha.com -- how awesome is that?!) has a community seder, so Jason and I signed up to go.  The lady on the phone was so nice and welcoming, and even promised to put us at a table with other young couples.  I'm so excited.
 
Things are coming along nicely.  Jason adores his surfboard, though he went a little crazy yesterday, so today he's really sore and sunburned.  I've settled into a work routine.  Tonight we're going to go into Honolulu for dinner and a movie.  We've got Passover to look forward to, and then Dave and Michele come after that.  I'm not feeling so unmoored or lonely anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nu?