Thursday, February 15, 2007

37

I'm 37 today. 37. That sounds very old to me, though I don't feel particularly old. I can't say that I feel the same as when I was 18 or 25, but I don't feel much different than when I was, say, 30. Anyway, as my mother said, getting older is better than the alternative, so I guess I can't complain.

It's already been a lovely day. My mother called me from Hong Kong to maintain our birthday tradition of her telling me the story of the day I was born. I've gotten calls and emails from family and friends. I got to tell a lawyer I'm litigating against that she's full of shit and that I'm going to get her case thrown out of court. Good times, good times.

Today is also the birthday of my friend David and my friend Kristin (the one who committed suicide). A group of my buddies is running a half-marathon in Kristin's honor and to raise money for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. If you want to do something nice for our birthdays, click here and donate to the cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nu?