Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Three Little Birds

Poor Jason. I woke up with him this morning to make him his lunch for work, and promptly started to cry. I don't know why I'm feeling so weepy -- I think it's a combination of exhaustion and stress. He's a trouper, though. He always knows how to make me laugh, and particularly to laugh at myself, which I definitely need.

I also received this wonderful e-mail from a dear friend who I won't name because I don't want to plaster her name all over the web without her permission (but it rhymes with "Shmen Foocas"). I will also mention that she has been quite remiss in sending new pictures of her adorable baby.
you *should* be terrified wendy because that is a normal reaction when your life is so terrific. but most of the reason that your life is terrific has to do with being happy with yourself. since you'll be taking yourself with you to hawaii, i think you'll be all set. plus, being in a loving relationship will make it all worthwhile. missing family and friends will be balanced by the fun and adventure of getting settled in and exploring a new place. it will be really exciting. new friends are not the same as people who have known you forever, but new friends become old friends in not too long. i read somewhere that it takes a year to really get emotionally settled after a move to a new place. don't let the 30+ sets of visitors you'll have in that first year get in the way of you guys settling in :)

when you move you won't stop getting support and encouragement from all of us. i know it's not the same when there is an ocean between us, but many of your friends and family aren't in the same city anyway. but really, so normal to be scared. moving is a big deal. plus, getting married is a life-changing event. that's a lot of stress, even if it's good stress.
She's absolutely right. I will miss you all, but I will talk to you and email with you and you will visit me and I will visit you. And I will be experiencing it with my sweet, sweet husband. So it's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nu?