Saturday, August 05, 2006

Salt Lake

Salt Lake a neighborhood in the metro Honolulu area, just north of the airport. It's very convenient to everything. It's an upper middle class area with decent public schools (a rarity for Hawaii), populated by military families and Honolulu professionals. It kind of looks like someone scattered condo seeds in a giant field, and lots of tall buildings grew very close to each other. The building I looked at (there are 3 identical units for sale) is within walking distance to a new shopping center, 5 minutes from the airport, close to downtown, beach, whereever. It's not as pretty as Kailua, but it's more centrally located.

The building is called Ala Ilima. It's not very pretty from the outside, but the elevators are well-maintained (Cy told me that you can tell how well a building is maintained by the quality of its elevators), it has a pool, exercise room, bbq area, sauna, and a bunch of other stuff. Both units I looked at had been recently renovated with granite counters in the kitchen, new cabinets, pergo floors. They have painted brick walls, which I'm not crazy about, but I can live with them. The layout of the condos is OK. I could live here. But I'd rather live in Kailua.


















Above: kitchen and LR; the trapezoid shaped pool; the new public library across the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nu?