Monday, August 07, 2006

Back in the ATL

took the redeye in from Honolulu last night. I managed to get some sleep, but the trip was one klutzy screw-up after another. Cy and I went to lunch yesterday to go over the contract before we formally make the offer, and as I was walking out to his car, a water bottle in my bag tipped over and poured itself all over the inside in my bag. Normally not too much of a big deal, except that for reasons that I have still not been able to figure out -- after considerable investigation, mind you -- everything in the bag turned green, dripped green water all over my jeans, Cy's car seats, my ipod, and my bottle of ambien, which had somehow come open in the bag. I've tried to find a green pen, green piece of cloth, anything that would account for the abundance of green water soaking everything, but could find nothing. I try to play my Ipod, but it's acting all buggy and the click wheel won't respond to touch. I've rebooted it or reset it or whatever you do to an Ipod about 50 times, but nothing. It wasn't until I was on the plane that I discovered that my ambiens were slowly disintegrating into a pile of soggy green mush, so I grabbed 2 that seemed relatively whole and ate them, and then slept until we landed. Right before landing, they served some cereal and coffee, and of course I spilled my coffee on my tray and it dripped down into my lap. After getting off the plane and getting my luggage, I rode the Marta into the office. There was condensation from the airconditioning unit on the roof of the train car, so every time the train jostled it dripped water all over everyone. The long and the short of it is, I feel like the kid in Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.
A classic children's book -- I highly recommend it -- and one that perfectly captures the way I'm feeling right now.

UPDATE: Salvation!! Jason played hooky from work and is coming to pick me up. I'll do some work at home, and also shower and get into some clean clothes. I love my husband!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nu?